Getting Started with Zend Framework 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7
This tutorial is intended to give a very basic introduction to using the Zend Framework to write a simple database driven application.
This tutorial has been tested on versions 1.5.x, 1.6.x and 1.7.x of the Zend Framework. It will not work on any version prior to version 1.5.0.
English version: Dowload the PDF (v1.5.2).
French by Guillaume Rossolini: Débuter avec Zend Framework 1.5
Czech by Petr Parimucha: http://weblog.pari.cz/293/zaciname-se-zend-framework-15
Portuguese (BR) by José Luciano Calazans Jr.: Iniciando_com_Zend_Framework_1.5.pdf
Russian by Sergey Mitroshin Начало работы с Zend Framework
The associated code is available:
- Zip file of tutorial (~9KB)
- Zip file of tutorial including ZF 1.5.0 (~2.3MB)
- My Subversion repository
Once you have finished this tutorial, Pádraic Brady is in the process of writing a very comprehensive blog tutorial that is well worth going through. Or just buy the book!
Previous versions of this tutorial
The original tutorial for Zend Framework 1.0 is still available, along with the translations for it.
- Use a screenshot for the directory layout.
- Fixed minor mistakes found by Jason Qi and Źmicier.
- Significant revision to take advantage of Zend Framework 1.5
- Updates to support version 1.0.0. RC1 of the Zend Framework.
- Significant reworking to support version 0.9 of the Zend Framework.
- Updated tutorial for version 0.6 of the Zend Framework.
- Updated tutorial for version 0.2 of the Zend Framework.
- Original version