Fixing — in WordPress
One thing that I’ve noticed is that whenever I used — in a post, such as this one, WordPress converted the — to &emdash; which whilst very pretty doesn’t work so well for people trying to understand command line switches to ./configure!
Today, I finally got around to poking into the WP source code to work out what was happening and I tracked it down to the wptexturize function in the wp-includes/functions-formatting.php file. Once I knew the name, it was trivial to google for a solution and I found Jason Litka’s Disable wptexturize plugin. I couldn’t find it through WordPress’ new built-in plugin installer, so I installed it the old-fashioned way and now the code in my posts will make more sense!
2 thoughts on “Fixing — in WordPress”
Another solution would be to use a plugin to format source code sections of posts. I use the SyntaxHighlighter plugin for this:
There are plenty of other options out there as well.
> now the code in my posts will make more sense!
Comments are closed.