Seven Things – Tagged by Matthew
Like Matthew Weier O’Phinney, I don’t really understand these tagged memes either, however, after he said such nice things about me, I thought I’d have a go.
Seven things you may not know about me:
- My first programming job was programming PIC microcontrollers using Forth. Forth has been one of the more confusing languages that I’ve used.
- The first search engine I used was Gopher on a SparcStation 1 in 1991…
- My most expensive telephone bill was for just under £1500 (3 month billing) due to playing EverQuest in the days before ADSL.
- I have high myopia and without my glasses, I can’t focus on the same word in a book with both eyes.
- I cannot sing in key much to my wife’s chagrin.
- The band played Blue Moon at my wedding in honour of my stag party. I had to explain the significance of the song to my aunt…
- My favourite wine comes from Rueda, with Rioja a close second. I like Spanish wine!
I then get to pass on the baton to:
- Derick Rethans with whom I can enjoy a nice glass of wine.
- Michelangelo van Dam of PHPBelgium who helped organise the ZF bug hunt day.
- Jon Whitcraft who very kindly gave me a lift to a very expensive restaurant!
- Pádraic Brady who is writing a free book on Zend Framework.
- Andries Seutens who was one of the team creating the Zend Framework Certification
- Elizabeth Naramore as she talked me into writing an article for php|architect.
- Jeremy Coates who organised the excellent inaugural PHPNW conference!
These are the rules apparently:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post – some random, some wierd.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.